Tuesday, October 21, 2008

18 Oct – Daytona Beach



After a days R & R in Savannah and a delightful breakfast of oatmeal, bacon and egg melt, fruit, Brie and tea I toddled off to Daytona. Today was the first wet day I've had but by the time I got to Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest it was all over. I was keen to see the new BMW 800GS so went straight to the Speedway but could not find the BMW tent so I just wandered around and looked at what other manufacturers had to offer. I liked the new Star 950 but it was the Kawasaki Vulcan 1700's that did it for me. I'll take the Nomad please.
Later on I called in to see the couple from Edgewater who billeted Gavin and me at last years Daytona Bike Week. They are well and we had an evening watching the Boston Red Socks trounce the Tamper Bay Rays. Now it is 3 all with a decider match tomorrow night. Post script: the Rays beat the Red Socks the next night so the Rays are off to the World Series final – if my cell phone worked down here I would have called Jack to see if he had got over the shock – being a Red Socks supporter and all.

No comments: