Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Denali Highway



Owner of last nights lodge was originally from Central and knew Sinful Cindy. It's a small world up here.
The Denali hwy is a short gravel road out of Paxon and heads towards Denali National Park. The mountains in the National Park slowly unfold with each corner and rise in the road and with the absence of traffic the road is a pleasure to ride. I spent a lot of time on this road just taking in the scenery. This is truly a great ride.
I am starting to see more RV's and motor homes as I get closer to Anchorage. My intention was to make Anchorage for the night but fell short by about 100 k so stayed at a cheap lodge/bar. Even here I met a guy who knew Sinful Cindy. 350 miles today. This about day 17 of the trip. Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula tomorrow.